Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is the best sugar cookie recipe that I have found. The dough is the best by far when it comes to cutting out shapes.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- On a floured surface, roll half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut shapes using cooking cutters.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 8 minutes.
- Do not allow them to brown.