Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the best sugar cookie recipe that I have found. The dough is the best by far when it comes to cutting out shapes.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- On a floured surface, roll half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut shapes using cooking cutters.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 8 minutes.
- Do not allow them to brown.
I had excellent results with this cookie recipe. thanks
I have to say, these were very good cookies. The dough was much easier to use than any other I've tried. As far as the qty of cookies, I got much more than 5. Maybe the dough wasn't rolled thin enough? I've seen the recipe posted on the Food Network before, as well. I give it a 5!
I found these cookies the worst ever.I followed the directions exactly. The dough came out crumbly, I even chilled It for longer than an hour. The dough that formed was good for 5 cookies. It was a waste of time and energy and I was not crazy about the taste.