Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Melt in your mouth delicious.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream margarine, oil, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Roll into walnut size ball or use a 1 inch cookie scoop and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Dip a glass in sugar and press each cookie to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 8 minutes.
really were melt in your mouth, i subbed butter for margarine but i just wish it had more butter flavor.
The flavor of these sugar cookies is very good, but I have to give only three stars because I didn't like the texture too much. It was very flaky, and did melt in your mouth true to another cook's review! A good cookie, though not my type of sugar cookie!
My son's favorite cookie is sugar, so when he requested them, I went looking on the Zaar for an easy recipe. These were wonderful and SO easy, with no butter, refrigeration and no rolling required. I whipped up a batch in a jiffy. I have a TBSP cookie scoop, so mine were 3" cookies, which I baked for 12 1/2 min. (We like ours a little on the crispy side). This recipe made 4 1/2 dozen cookies at this size. I will be taking these to a Labor Day party today and definitely be making these again.