Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Super good desert. I've loved this desert since I worked at a fancy restaurant as a waitress putting these together. I've been trying to get the recipe right for the filling for quite sometime and I've finally got it! Enjoy!!!!
- 0.5 (17 ounce) box puff pastry
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- whipped cream (garnishes) (optional)
- chocolate curls
- powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries
- Thaw 1/2 box puff pastry dough at room temp for about 45 minutes.
- Cut into 6 squares for larger deserts or 24 squares for smaller ones.
- Bake according to package directions, let cool completely.
- Seperate each sqare into a top and bottom.
- Mix pudding and 1 3/4 cup cold milk for about two minutes then add almond extract.
- For larger desserts spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto bottom pastry, then add about a teaspoon off strawberries.
- Top with top pastry and finish off with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of confectionary sugar. (very chic!).
- For smaller desserts do the same but save out 8 tops. dollop about 2tsp of filling and a few strawberries on the bottom, add another pastry(not the top) then more filling and strawberries. Then add the top and garnish. Serve imediately or refrigerate upto 24 hours.
- It's VERY EASY!
These were very good, and not too hard to make. They were a little fussy to eat (except to our little boy, who didn't worry about neatness), but they were nice. The almond flavor was a little too strong for my taste, so next time I'll probably reduce it. I used a mixture of 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk and 1/2 cup half and half to make it a little richer. I also used fresh berries that I'd chopped up and tossed with a small amount of sugar earlier in the day. I skipped the chocolate curls, too, as I dislike chocolate with strawberries. Since I was making this for just three of us, I have a lot of filling leftover--but I bet it'll be good topped with the rest of the berries tomorrow! Thanks for posting, SweetBamaGirl!