Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My girlfriend absolutely loves this dish and she practically demands that I make it for her every time she comes over for dinner. It's a little heavy on the garlic, but I absolutely love it!
- 1 head Chinese cabbage
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 chili (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried scallops
- 1⁄2 cup dried shrimp
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Chinese wine
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornflour, to thicken
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- Soak dried scallops and dried shrimp in hot water or put it in the microwave for 5 minutes on high and slice the chili and garlic as well as roughly chopping the Chinese cabbage.
- Once the dried scallops have significantly soften, drain them while reserving liquid.
- Heat oil in pan and brown the garlic slices. Once garlic is browned, remove half the browned garlic slices and set aside.
- Then add the chilies and then the soaked dried scallops and shrimp and fry for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and fry till it slightly wilts and then add then cooking wine, oyster sauce, the soaking liquid.
- Season with soy sauce to taste.
- Cook cabbage for a further 3-5 minutes till cooked but retaining a bit of crunch and then thicken with corn flour.
- Garnish with the crunchy garlic slices and enjoy!
This recipe was too bland and too salty at the same time.
MMMmmm this is absolutely yummy! I've tried it twice and my family just loves it. Good job Boon!