Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My girlfriend absolutely loves this dish and she practically demands that I make it for her every time she comes over for dinner. It's a little heavy on the garlic, but I absolutely love it!
- Soak dried scallops and dried shrimp in hot water or put it in the microwave for 5 minutes on high and slice the chili and garlic as well as roughly chopping the Chinese cabbage.
- Once the dried scallops have significantly soften, drain them while reserving liquid.
- Heat oil in pan and brown the garlic slices. Once garlic is browned, remove half the browned garlic slices and set aside.
- Then add the chilies and then the soaked dried scallops and shrimp and fry for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and fry till it slightly wilts and then add then cooking wine, oyster sauce, the soaking liquid.
- Season with soy sauce to taste.
- Cook cabbage for a further 3-5 minutes till cooked but retaining a bit of crunch and then thicken with corn flour.
- Garnish with the crunchy garlic slices and enjoy!