This has become my #1 wings recipe; love 'em! I serve these as a main course, but I think they'd be great to serve as a snack or appetizer, or take to a potluck. My son and I really enjoy these (DH, on the other hand, hates wings of any kind; his loss); I hope your family enjoys them too.
- Preheat oven to 425F; have ready a shallow baking pan that you've lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken wings in prepared pan; lightly sprinkle both sides of wings with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While wings are in oven, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic powder and ginger; please note that the original recipe called for minced fresh garlic and minced fresh ginger, but I found they had a tendency to burn easily so went with the dried spices instead.
- Feel free to use two minced garlic cloves and 1 tsp of freshly minced ginger, instead of the dried spices, if you want to give fresh a go.
- After the wings have baked for 15 mins, remove from oven and drain off any accumulated fat.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and return to oven.
- Bake for 20 more minutes, turning wings over in sauce frequently (I do it every 4 or 5 minutes), so that they are thoroughly coated.
- Wings should be well glazed and sticky when done.