1/1 Photo of Best Ever Squash Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
This is the best squash casserole recipe I've ever made. The corn bread flavor in it makes it just incredible. Its time consuming so I don't make it all that often but its worth doing at least once a month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 4 1/2 cups yellow squash (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix (prepare as directed on box)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces process American cheese (diced, use a store brand not Velveeta)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1Prepare Jiffy Mix as directed, set aside to cool.
- 2Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large sauce pan and add just enough of water to cover.
- 3Cook on medium low heat just until tender, remove from heat.
- 4Drain squash, reserve one cup of water for casserole.
- 5On medium low temperature place all of the butter in large sauce pan and sauté the onions until the onions turn clear, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley.
- 6Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions, stir.
- 7Add drained squash and diced cheese, stir.
- 8Crumble corn bread in squash and pour the reserved cup of water and mix well.
- 9Place squash mixture in a 13"x11" baking pan that has been sprayed with a none stick spray.
- 10Cover casserole and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- 11Bake for 50- 60 minutes.
- 12Remove cover the last 20 minutes of baking time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 999.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g