Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every time I have a get together, my spinach dip is a staple. It is requested every time and I never have any left over. I just made it the way I liked it.
- 64 ounces sour cream
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes frozen spinach
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 large round loaf pumpernickel bread
- onion salt
- vegetables, for dipping (your choice)
- nacho cheese flavor Doritos or pretzel stick, are also very tasty
- in a large bowl, combine sour cream, soup mix, onions and mix very well.
- Drain and squeeze the moisture out of the spinach and add to sour cream mixture.
- mix very well.
- Add onion salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, hollow out the pumpernickel round loaf.
- Tear the bread into bite size pieces.
- Cover so they don't get hard.
- Slice vegetables of choice such as broccoli, green peppers, celery sticks, and carrots.
- Remove dip from fridge, and mix well again.
- Taste for desired seasoning, add more onion salt to taste.
- Spoon into pumpernickel and serve with bread pieces and veggies.
Amazing! Everyone loves this recipe, it's so delicious.