This is as close as I have found to sangria in Spanish restaurants. No soda here! This is a mulled sangria that really draws out the flavors. Prep time does not include chilling overnight.
- Juice citrus (200-300 mL) into a small saucepan; add sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon stick (snapped up) to juice in saucepan. Heat liquid, while stirring, until until steam rises.
- Pour liquid into a heat proof jug or allow liquid to cool first.
- Pour wine into container with brandy.
- Add juice/spice mix, stir. Add leaves, crushed and deveined. Chill 24 hours.
- You can also add any other fruits you like! If I add apples or pears, I like to soak them in the brandy overnight before adding them to the sangria. YUM!