My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar, combined with
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2Grease several baking sheets or coat with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, if using -- set aside.
- 4In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, and corn syrup until well blended and fluffy.about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth.
- 5Beat in half of the flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- 6Stir in the remaining flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- 7Let the dough stand for 5-10 minutes or until firmed up slightly.
- 8Put the cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl. roll portions of the dough into generous 1 1/2" balls with lightly greased hands (the dough will be soft).
- 9Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 10Place on baking sheets, spacing about 2 3/4" apart.
- 11Using your hand, slightly pat down the tops of the balls.Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in the upper third of the oven for 8-11 minutes, or until just golden brown at the edges.
- 12Reverse the sheets from front to back halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
- 13Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let stand until the cookies firm up slightly. 1-2 minutes.
- 14using a spatula, transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Let the baking sheets cool between batches to keep cookies from spreading too much.
- 15Will keep in airtight container for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Snickerdoodles..
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g