Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Best Ever Snickerdoodles.. recipe from Food.com.
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, combined with
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Grease several baking sheets or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, if using -- set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, and corn syrup until well blended and fluffy.about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Beat in half of the flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining flour mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Let the dough stand for 5-10 minutes or until firmed up slightly.
- Put the cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl. roll portions of the dough into generous 1 1/2" balls with lightly greased hands (the dough will be soft).
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheets, spacing about 2 3/4" apart.
- Using your hand, slightly pat down the tops of the balls.Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in the upper third of the oven for 8-11 minutes, or until just golden brown at the edges.
- Reverse the sheets from front to back halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
- Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let stand until the cookies firm up slightly. 1-2 minutes.
- using a spatula, transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Let the baking sheets cool between batches to keep cookies from spreading too much.
- Will keep in airtight container for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 2 months.