1/2 Photos of Best Ever Skirt Steak and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs
Princess Flowerbreath's Note:
This was inspired by my 10 year old son who wanted bacon wrapped chicken, but it was my husband that I caught "licking the plate" at the end of the night....ENJOY... This is simple enough for family, but good enough for a BBQ with company....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large skirt steak
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce (I recommend SoyVay with sesame seeds)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (if needed)
- 1 cup white vermouth (sherry may work too)
- 5 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 slices bacon (or whatever you need to wrap chicken)
- lemon juice
- 1Trim all excess fat from skirt steak and slice into kabob sized slices. (I made mine about 1 inch thick so they would come out medium-well when done) Cut chicken into pieces that corresponds to the cooking time of the steak. (Again, mine were about 1 1/2 inch cubes).
- 2Combine teriyaki sauce, vermouth, garlic and onion in a large bowl. Add meats and marinate 4-6 hours, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water until ready to make kabobs.
- 3When ready, wrap 1/2 slice bacon around each piece of chicken. Make kabobs by alternating steak and chicken on skewers, making sure to stab through the bacon to keep it wrapped around the chicken.
- 4Cook over med-high heat on BBQ, turning once, cooking about 15 minutes total. Baste with leftover marinade, and squirt with lemon juice during cooking.
- 5If you cant find teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds, add lots of sesame seeds to the marinade -- I dont know if it makes a difference, but why take the chance for such a small thing. I found Soy Vay to be the absolute best brand of teriyaki sauce.
- 6Time does not include marinating time, but the prep is so quick that I did all of it while getting my kids out the door for school in the morning. Then, after setting up the kabobs I refrigerated them until ready to cook that evening.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Skirt Steak and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 2903.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets