Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This shrimp dip is always the hit of every party. The best flavor and its so easy to make. I make this for all my parties, people go crazy it for.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (4 ounce) cans baby shrimp
- Mix onions, green peppers& mayo in bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat in medium size pot mix until creamy and well blended cream cheese& tomatoe soup (No cream cheese lumps).
- Rinse both cans of shrimp well under water, set aside to allow water to drip off.
- In small bowl mix warm water and Gelaton until dissolved.
- Once tomatoe soup and cream cheese is well blended add all ingredients to the pot, mix well.
- Put shrimp dip into a nice serving bowl (the one you'll serve the dip in) that can be refrigerated.
- Refrigerate until the dip is completely chilled.
- When the dip is done it will be hard as jello.
- Serve with a HARD cracker, seasame crackers,trisciuts, etc.
- A cracker that wont break when you dip into it.
Good to the last dip. They ate every bite. Like others I subbed celery for the peppers and added cayenne. Not sure that the gelatin was needed but I only used half a package anyhow. Easy to keep ingredients on hand too. Nice.
I used frozen salad shrimp, drained between paper towels and celery instead of green peppers. Very good. Have had this also with cream of celery soup instead of tomato. Thanks!!
Good dip, but I couldn't get it out of my head that I was eating tomato soup! I added some cracked pepper and cayenne pepper to get a little zip. I took the advice of others and used 1/2 of a gelatin packet. The consistency was good. I made it for the people at work and they finished it off. Thank you for the recipe.