Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This easy, but awesome, dip will get you rave reviews and requests for more every time you serve it. It's best if made without substituting ingredients, so please try it first as written (no low fat/no fat ingredients). Any changes will alter the delicious end result.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- salt or pepper or garlic salt or fresh garlic or prepared horseradish or Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans shrimp (or equivalent in fresh or frozen)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans crab (or equivalent in fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt/garlic, horseradish and Worcestershire to taste.
- Add small amount of milk to make creamy smooth.
- Add shrimp and crab, stirring in carefully.
- Chill for several hours; bring to room temperature before serving on assorted crackers.
- A light sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley on top adds to the presentation.
- Cooking time is chilling time.
I wasn't a big fan of this. It was okay, but I felt like it was lacking something. Maybe a spice or something. I didn't use the miracle whip, because I hate the way it tastes. Maybe I needed the sweetness of that. Anyway, I took it to a family dinner and everyone else seemed to really enjoy it. I will make it again, but I will be doing some tweaking! Thanks for the recipe idea.
WOW--this was delicious! I made it exactly as written, no substitutes, as an appetitizer for four couples last night and they raved about it. Bagel chips and crackers were served with it. The recipe didn't say, but I drained the cans of shrimp and crab. I made it the day before and glad I did, because as I tasted it periodically for more of this or that I found it got better with time. Thank you Irish Gourmet--a superb and impressive dip/spread!!