Recipe by Shanny85
This is my own recipe and whenever my mom hears Im making it, I have to invite her over for some. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This recipe can be made ahead and put in the oven a day or 2 later
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml crushed chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml fresh,canned or frozen kernels corn
- 6-8 large yukon gold potatoes (I like alot of potatoes, but you can use as much or as little as you like)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml milk or 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 2.46 ml garlic powder or 2.46 ml chives, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil potatoes until you can break them apart with a fork, drain once done.
- Add milk or half and half, 1/4 cup butter, chives or garlic powder, and whip potatoes until they are creamy and no more chunks are there.
- Start to brown ground beef. Once it is starting to sizzle, add paprika, Worcester sauce, garlic, onion, salt,peppers and chilli flakes. cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain fat from beef mixture and place in lightly greased casserole dish. (I use some of the grease from the beef mixture to coat my dish).
- Add kernels of corn and layer on top of beef mixture. (you can also mix the corn into the beef if you want).
- Spread the potatoes over top of corn evenly. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread the 1 tbsp of butter over the potatoes.
- Bake in oven covered for 30mins. After 30mins, uncover and bake in oven approx 10 mins, or until potatoes are browned on top.
- Enjoy :D.