1/1 Photo of Best Ever Shepards Pie
This is my own recipe and whenever my mom hears Im making it, I have to invite her over for some. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This recipe can be made ahead and put in the oven a day or 2 later
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml crushed chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml fresh,canned or frozen kernels corn
- 6-8 large yukon gold potatoes (I like alot of potatoes, but you can use as much or as little as you like)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml milk or 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 2.46 ml garlic powder or 2.46 ml chives, if desired
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Boil potatoes until you can break them apart with a fork, drain once done.
- 3Add milk or half and half, 1/4 cup butter, chives or garlic powder, and whip potatoes until they are creamy and no more chunks are there.
- 4Start to brown ground beef. Once it is starting to sizzle, add paprika, Worcester sauce, garlic, onion, salt,peppers and chilli flakes. cook until beef is no longer pink.
- 5Drain fat from beef mixture and place in lightly greased casserole dish. (I use some of the grease from the beef mixture to coat my dish).
- 6Add kernels of corn and layer on top of beef mixture. (you can also mix the corn into the beef if you want).
- 7Spread the potatoes over top of corn evenly. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Spread the 1 tbsp of butter over the potatoes.
- 9Bake in oven covered for 30mins. After 30mins, uncover and bake in oven approx 10 mins, or until potatoes are browned on top.
- 10Enjoy :D.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Shepards Pie
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 233.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g