Cucina Casalingo's Note:
"This is an excellent recipe I came up with one day. Italian sausage is simmered in beer with bell peppers and red onions."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs Italian sausages
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottles beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Cook sausage until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
- 3Pour in 1 bottle of beer to deglaze the pan, scraping up any blackened bits from the bottom.
- 4Place the red peppers, green peppers, onions and garlic in the pan. Stir in the remaining beer and the tomato paste. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- 5Slice the sausages into bite size pieces, and add to the peppers.
- 6Cover, and simmer until sausage is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Sausage With Peppers, Onions, and Beer!
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.8
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 3099.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 46.7 g