Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is so close to the Salsa served at Pappasitos that you will swear you are there. Every time I serve this people ask for the recipe. Best part is that it is so easy and doesn't require fresh tomatoes so it works all winter.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Put all ingredients into blender and mix or pulse until blended.
- Do not liquify.
- Note: Seeds in peppers determine heat so remove if you like mild salsa. I use 2 peppers and seeds from one for medium to hot salsa.
This SALSA is really AWESOME!!!! Very flavorful and tasty!!!
This is an easy and delicious recipe to make. I followed the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. Served with Beef Enchiladas#438157. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
For such a simple prep, this salsa is outstanding. Reminds me of my favorite fresh salsa at my favorite authentic Mexican restaurant. Because you do pulse it in a blender, it's easy to add fresh tomatoes for even fresher flavor. For me, the cilantro is key to giving it that freshy fresh taste that keeps people standing around the bowl. Thanks Golfcrazy!