Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been making these for so many years I cant remember where I got the recipe from. I never liked salmon patties until I found this version. Even my picky kids love these!
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato flakes
- 1 small onion, grated
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Remove skin and bones.
- Place salmon in mixing bowl, breaking up into smaller pieces.
- Add egg, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in flour.
- Blend in potato flakes, onion and pepper.
- Combine baking powder and reserved 1/4 cup liquid.
- Stir into salmon mixture until well combined.
- Form mixture into 24 croquettes (I dont have time to stand there and make that many, I make mine a little bigger, resulting in around 10-12).
- Drop into deep hot oil (375) and fry without crowding for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
True to their name, these were the best salmon croquettes we ever tried. Even my son ate them and said I should make them more often. Great flavor and simple to make. Thanks !
I made half a recipe for the 2 of us using a good quality of Alaskan canned salmon. I made 4 nice patties which were shallow fried in a cast iron skillet. The croquettes were tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. A 1/2 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning was added. These were served along side Basic Aioli.
YUMMY!!! It couldn't be any easier, either! I just added a little sea salt, else wise it's a delightful recipe. Thanx for sharing : )