Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making these for so many years I cant remember where I got the recipe from. I never liked salmon patties until I found this version. Even my picky kids love these!
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Remove skin and bones.
- Place salmon in mixing bowl, breaking up into smaller pieces.
- Add egg, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in flour.
- Blend in potato flakes, onion and pepper.
- Combine baking powder and reserved 1/4 cup liquid.
- Stir into salmon mixture until well combined.
- Form mixture into 24 croquettes (I dont have time to stand there and make that many, I make mine a little bigger, resulting in around 10-12).
- Drop into deep hot oil (375) and fry without crowding for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel.