Recipe by HollyJane
The secret to these yummy seeds is the Worcestershire sauce; I sometimes use a little more than the recipe calls for. Don't ever throw your pumpkin seeds away again!
Top Review by anngrrl
Thank you for posting this recipe. It is just like the one my parents made when I was a kid. I only have one exception: do not clean off any of the pulp and pumpkin "guts" from the seeds. Leave all of that on, mix with the other ingredients, and roast as directed. All that oooey-gooey turns into the most delicious, crispy savory treat. When I was a kid that was my favorite part to eat and it still is!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Thoroughly rinse seeds and pick out stray bits of pumpkin.
- Pour seeds on a cookie sheet, preferably one with sides.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce and melted butter.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce/butter combination over seeds and stir to distribute evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle salt over seeds.
- Bake for two hours, stirring every half hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container.