Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious tender juicy flavor full tender roast turkey recipe (some people call it drunk turkey
- 1 whole turkey
- 2 fresh onions
- 2 bunches parsley
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cream sherry wine
- 1 celery top
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 cup cream sherry wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees on bake and adjust racks so the pan is 6 to 8 inches from top inside of oven
- allow 4 hrs before serving.
- wash the turkey well with cold water.
- remove neck ,giblet,heart, liver.
- cut wing and tail off turkey
- remove fat pads from turkey.
- line your roasting pan well with foil spray with pam.
- (easier clean up.
- place a rack on pan bottom.
- no rack?.
- make balls of foil and cover entire bottom of pan.
- place turkey in pan on rack or on balled up foil.
- pat dry with paper towels.
- chop up 1 bunch parsley or use dried parsley leafs.
- place in 1 qt bowl.
- add 2 tbs poultry seasoning.
- 2 tbs sea salt.
- 1 tbs fresh ground pepper.
- add olive oil.
- add 1/2 of melted butter to mixture.
- mix well.
- place wings /tail LIVER roast only HEART & GIZZARD on each side of the pan.
- or make stock for gravy do not use liver it makes the gravy bitter.
- first pour enough sherry wine to cover bird usually 1 cup rub the outer skin well with the wine.
- rub the herb butter oil over entire turkey.
- massage well over skin
- add mixture to cavities too.
- add celery 1 bunch parsley.
- peel cut carrots and onions whole or half to cavity
- after the bird is cooked you can dice the veggies.
- while bird rests and add the cooked veggies to your stuffing.
- if you desire.
- pour rest of butter over breasts.
- add 1 cup of water to pan bottom do not pour over bird.
- place lid on pan or cover well with foil.
- bake the turkey half way (2 hrs).
- after 2 hrs remove pan and bird from oven.
- place on trivets or stove top.
- remove foil baste well.
- no juice? add more water to pan bottom.
- then baste entire bird
- add 1 cup more sherry wine.
- cover pan again w foil or with lid.
- return to oven.to finish baking/roasting.
- baste periodically.
- last hr of roasting remove foil from pan to brown the bird.
- check temp of bird thickest part of breast should read.
- 170 degrees.
- remove bird and place on platter tent with foil
- let rest out of oven.usually 25 minute.
- use a gravy separator -- place the skimmed juices.
- in a separate container (for gravy).
- brush the resting bird w the reserved fat.
I would love to try this recipe but the instructions are vague and far too drawn out; please revise