1/1 Photo of Best-Ever Roast Chicken and Root Vegetables
1 hr 33 mins
1 hr 18 mins
This is a go-to Sunday dinner -- totally comforting and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the carrots, parsnips and onions in the bottom of a big roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper, and add to that the 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- 2Then, remove the contents from the cavity of the chicken.
- 3Slice the top off of the whole head of garlic, and put that, the halved lemon, and the whole bunch of thyme inside the cavity. Truss the legs of the chicken.
- 4Season the outside of the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 5Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the roasting pan, fold the wings underneath the bird.
- 6Put the pan into a 400-degree oven for an hour and fifteen minutes -- at that point, check to see if the chicken's done (slice the wing, the juices should run clear). Add more time if needed.
- 7Let rest for 10-15 minutes, carve and serve with the roasted vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Roast Chicken and Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: