Recipe by Beeracuda
My mom would make this recipe on special occasions, and believe me, after eating this, EVERY occasion was special!! Absolutely heavenly!!
Top Review by marisk
This is how I make my roast too, except I use one package of onion soup mix. And it is truly tasty. I'll try it your way the next time I make it...bet it'll be even tastier! Thank you for sharing.
- 3 -4 lbs rump roast
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all soups together, until smooth.
- Place a large sheet of aluminum foil on a cooking sheet, large enough to cover entire roast, and then some.
- Place roast on foil lined cooking sheet.
- Pour soup mixture over roast, completely covering all areas of the meat.
- Fold foil over the top of the roast, making sure not to touch the meat.
- Pinch the ends of the foil together at the top, and along the sides, making sure the roast is completely sealed.
- Puncture foil a few times with a fork, allowing steam to escape.
- Place roast in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour per pound at 325 degrees (approximately 3 to 4 hours).
- After cooking time, open foil carefully.
- Remove roast from baking sheet and place on a plate.
- Pour gravy from foil into a serving bowl.
- Slice roast as desired, and serve with gravy.