Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mom would make this recipe on special occasions, and believe me, after eating this, EVERY occasion was special!! Absolutely heavenly!!
- 3 -4 lbs rump roast
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all soups together, until smooth.
- Place a large sheet of aluminum foil on a cooking sheet, large enough to cover entire roast, and then some.
- Place roast on foil lined cooking sheet.
- Pour soup mixture over roast, completely covering all areas of the meat.
- Fold foil over the top of the roast, making sure not to touch the meat.
- Pinch the ends of the foil together at the top, and along the sides, making sure the roast is completely sealed.
- Puncture foil a few times with a fork, allowing steam to escape.
- Place roast in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour per pound at 325 degrees (approximately 3 to 4 hours).
- After cooking time, open foil carefully.
- Remove roast from baking sheet and place on a plate.
- Pour gravy from foil into a serving bowl.
- Slice roast as desired, and serve with gravy.
This is how I make my roast too, except I use one package of onion soup mix. And it is truly tasty. I'll try it your way the next time I make it...bet it'll be even tastier! Thank you for sharing.
My family loved this! It was so easy I loved it! We will definitely add this to our list of favorites and make again and again!