Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I have seen many fudge cake recipes, but I believe this one takes the cake *heh* because of the sour cream & brown sugar. It is rich and if you love cake you will think you died and went to heaven! 8)
Top Review by Claire #3
I haven't tried this one, but by looking at it I can tell that substituting 1 cup of coffee for the 1 cup of water would take it to a whole new level. I'll report back when I try the recipe.
- 3 ounces baking chocolate, melted in microwave
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 3 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Gradually pour in the brown sugar, then eggs.
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy, approx 5 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in the vanilla extract, melted chocolate, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Pour in boiling hot water and stir until blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven, let cakes cool about 10-15 minutes, then place on wire racks.