I have seen many fudge cake recipes, but I believe this one takes the cake *heh* because of the sour cream & brown sugar. It is rich and if you love cake you will think you died and went to heaven! 8)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 3 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Gradually pour in the brown sugar, then eggs.
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy, approx 5 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in the vanilla extract, melted chocolate, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Pour in boiling hot water and stir until blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven, let cakes cool about 10-15 minutes, then place on wire racks.