Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is by far the most chocolately, rich, and simple buttercream frosting I have ever tasted in my life! Don't worry about the espresso for those non-coffee people out there, you can't even tell it's the secret ingredient!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao is the BEST)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup espresso (instant granules in cool water)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- melt chocolate chips at 20 second intervals in your microwave, stirring each time until JUST melted.
- cream together butter and melted chocolate until smooth.
- add in the espresso and vanilla
- gradually beat in the confectioner's sugar and continue beating until frosting is smooth and has lightened in color.
- enjoy on your favorite cake, cupcakes, or whatever you choose. If you love chocolate, you will not be dissapointed!
This is the *BEST* chocolate buttercream I've ever tasted and I'm picky! The addition of espresso greatly enhances the taste without overpowering it. This will be my go-to recipe when I need a chocolate frosting.