Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
We have been doing ribs this way for a couple of years. This recipe I found on an on-line cookbook. We do it exactly the same.Goes well with rice or fries.
- Place ribs (bone side down) in shallow baking pan.
- Add ginger ale until ribs are completely submerged.
- Place onions directly onto ribs (3-4 slices per rack).
- Cover pan with aluminium foil and bake @ 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, keep covered and let cool to room temperature.
- Place ribs onto medium high grill, and baste with your favourite bbq sauce.
- Only gill ribs bone side down, don't turn over. the ribs will be so tender they will fall apart.
At Costco, I asked the person getting spareribs out of the meat cooler in front of me how he was going to cook them. He simply said, "With Gingerale -- Google it." These are incredible. I use deep food-service pans and put in two racks in each. Usually I use onion flakes, but today, I have onions in the garden, as well. After 3:15 in the oven at 315 (with pork, I like to cook extra -- it's not 'overcooked' at all), I grill for only 30 minutes on low, otherwise the bone side will char. I usually don't wait for them to cool down before grilling. I have Grillgrates (brand) that make this easy.