This salsa is a favorite in the house. Made with fresh tomatoes, fried onions (the secret ingredient), cilantro and serrano peppers. It is sure to be a hit in your house too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in fry pan on medium high heat.
- 2Fry onions until blackened but still tender.
- 3While onions are cooking, put tomatoes, cilantro, serrano pepper and garlic in mini chopper or food processor on high until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- 4When onions are done add them to processor along with the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Blend again until desired consistency. I blend mine for a while because I like it smooth like restaurant salsa.
- 6Let refrigerate for an hour to marinate. This salsa is great the first day but even better for days afterwards.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Restaurant Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g