When I tried this recipe, I was stunned. Simple - delicious ; when you taste these amazing cupcakes, you'll see why. ;) Serve with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2In a large bowl, combine butter and white sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time . Then add the oil and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir in flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder .
- 4In a cup, add the vinegar and milk let stand for 5 minutes. Then add the red food coloring.
- 5Alternating, mix the flour mixture and vinegar-milk mixture. Start and end with the flour mixture.
- 6Let the cupcakes bake for 17 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- 7Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting and -- Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g