Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living. Always served for Thanksgiving dinner.
Top Review by Natalie Z
We are having Thanksgiving at my house this year. It will be my first so I wanted to practice making pumpkin pie before the big day. This recipe tasted better than any pumpkin pie I have ever eaten. The filling was very creamy and perfectly spiced. I am thrilled at how it turned out and can't wait to impress my family with it. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 414.03 ml canned pumpkin
- 414.03 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 158.51 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 9 inch pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pumpkin and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 50 additional minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.