Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
Southern Living. Always served for Thanksgiving dinner.
Make and share this Best Ever Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- Combine pumpkin and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 50 additional minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
We are having Thanksgiving at my house this year. It will be my first so I wanted to practice making pumpkin pie before the big day. This recipe tasted better than any pumpkin pie I have ever eaten. The filling was very creamy and perfectly spiced. I am thrilled at how it turned out and can't wait to impress my family with it. Thanks Nurse Di.
This is a great pumpkin pie according to my hubby. Since Thanksgiving is next week I needed to try this recipe out first and today was the day. When DH took his first bite I heard a big sigh! When I asked him how it tasted he just smiled and said..."like more"! I followed your recipe exactly and the only difference was having to remove it from the oven about 10 minutes sooner than called for. Certainly not a problem with the recipe, but the difference in appliances. Thanks for another great Zaar recipe Nurse Di. This is going in the 'keeper' file. I also like the fact that I can use fat-free sweetened condensed milk in it to lower the calories somewhat and the texture and creaminess of the pie is not affected at all.
A very rich creamy textured pie. I liked it a lot and will be using it again. A tip: I was able to get two 9" pies out of this recipe by one and a halfing it. In doing so I was able to use up most of my can of pumkin and all of my can of condensed milk without having the rest of it lurking in my fridge waiting for another recipe to be used in. I had to open 2 cans of eagle brand milk to get enough and I ended up just under 1/4 c. shy but it didn't affect the recipe at all, it was still really sweet.