Very good on a cold day!
Make and share this Best-Ever Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 small carrot
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 green onions
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add potatoes, broth, carrrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions, if desired.