Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very good on a cold day!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 small carrot
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 green onions
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add potatoes, broth, carrrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Mmmmmmmmm...this is comfort food at it's best. Very easy and tasty recipe! Thanks for posting.
Wonderful! Very thick, creamy, cheesey and satisfying. I only used 3 slices of bacon and used low-fat milk and Velveeta. I finely chopped some fresh celery because I had no celery seeds. I loved the green onions for garnish. This recipe is definitely a keeper! Even if it's really not the "best-ever" potato soup, it's gotta be darn close! ;) Thanx for shring it.
This is the best potato soup. I found this recipe several years ago and have been making it ever since.