Recipe by Alexi's Mom
Peanut Butter lovers, this is perfect for you. Very rich flavor. Can't stop eating.....
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy! Made this just as the recipe states. Used a jar of crunchy Marantha natural peanut butter and it worked very well. I can't help using a candy thermometer, and was pleasantly surprised when the mixture reached 234 degrees in almost exactly 4 minutes! Overcooking the mixture will give a grainy or crumbly result, so I'd encourage those of you trying this recipe for the first time NOT to overcook. This recipe uses marshmallow cream which ensures a smooth product, but it does take away a bit from a strong peanut flavor. Still, I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9X13 cake pan.
- Mix sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in pan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat.
- Bring to a full boil and stir for 4 more minutes, or until a candy thermometer reads between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from stove and stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and marshmallow cream.
- Spread evenly into pan and chill in fridge until firm.