Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever eaten. They are soft and chewy. They are great when you add the nuts and chocolate chips. Whenever I take these cookies to a potluck or family get together, people always request that I bring these cookies. I got this recipe out a cook book a number of years ago. I have changed the recipe slightly from the original.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add biscuit mix and vanilla; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze for future use.
- For chocolate peanut butter cookies, add 1/4 cup cocoa and a dusting of cinnamon to the batter.
These are the best cookies I've ever had!!! I've made them for 2 years now and everyone always requests them!!! Even my fiance who hates sweets loves them! I am allergic to eggs and always on the lookout for great egg-free recipes!!!! Thank you very much Rita!!!!!
Wow, Rita, these are great soft cookies. My sister, who likes pb cookies, used them to make sandwichs. That, alone, should take care of anybody's craving. I liked it because of the easy preparation. Took no time at all and I will be making these frequently. This time, I think I will try the chocolate pb cookies. Thnx for posting, Rita.
These are really good, soft, chewey cookies and very easy to make. I made them for my grandson's 8th birthday to take to his class at his request for peanut butter cookies instead of a cake or cup cakes. All the kids, except 2 who didn't like peanut butter, and the adults loved them. I will be making them again as soon as I get some more baking mix. Thank you for such a nice recipe.