Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my aunt and it is truly the best pancake/waffle batter that I've had. If using salted butter, cut the salt. For other variations, add grated apple with cinnamon, a mashed banana, blueberries, pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin, or whatever your imagination comes up with. May use flavored yogurt in place of plain yogurt.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk or 1 1⁄4 cups substitute 1/2 cup yogurt and 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, let sit for a minute or two and gently mix again.
- Fry on lightly greased griddle or in waffle maker.
- Serve with Maple Syrup.
These turned out light and fluffy and were nice and tender. Made as pancakes without any add-ins and they were perfect with a little butter and maple syrup. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Easy to make and delicious! I made waffles using buttermilk. I added some orange zest and a teaspoon of orange extract...YUM! My waffles came out soft, fluffy and full of yummy goodness. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
they were good I added more brown sugar. They were a little salty so next time I would cut out the salt all togehther the butter as plenty of salt on it.