1/2 Photos of Best Ever Ozark Baked Beans
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
This recipe comes from a lot of testing for just the right flavor. Contains sweet pickle relish! It really adds to the taste. It's an old family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or molasses)
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 3 slices bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Spray casserole dish lightly with cooking oil.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine beans, 1/2 cup catsup, mustard, bouillon, relish, onion, green pepper and brown sugar/molasses.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add black pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 6Pour into casserole and top with remaining ketchup and bacon slices.
- 7Cover and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8Remove foil and increase oven to 350 degrees F.
- 9Bake an additional 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Ozark Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 1437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g