Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I got this recipe years ago in a supermarket checkout cookbook called Fast Scratch Vegetarian--I think it MIGHT be from Land O' Lakes but my copy is fairly shredded so I can't be sure. At any rate, we have been making these for years, and though the recipe title is theirs I have to say I agree! I hope you do, too!
Top Review by Katzen
Yum, yum, yum!! Someone keep me away from these little gems! So easy and quick to make, and I love the change to ww flour, too! I did use butter, mostly becase I hate measuring margerine, and I added in 1/2 tsp cinnamon, too. After a small mishap with my golden raisins, I made up the rest with chopped walnuts, which worked out quite well! Thanks, smelly, these are awesome! Made for Veggie Swap 28, November.
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml Smart Balance butter spread (sorry land o' lakes!)
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml whole wheat pastry flour (original calls for AP)
- 59.14 ml raisins (optional)