Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cake Like cookies from Heaven, and not too Sweet! Old Family Recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter (room temp.)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- Cream together Sugar, Eggs and Butter.
- Set aside.
- Sift together Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, & Cinnamon and add to the creamed sugar mixture.
- Next add Milk, Vanilla, Oatmeal & Pecans.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350° 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be cake-like, not gooey or runny like most Oatmeal cookie recipes.
- This recipe makes a lot of cookies.
- Dough can be split into three batches.
- I add Peanut Butter to one third and Crushed Pineapples to the other third and I have three kinds of cookies and all are delicious.
True to their description,these cookies are cake-like. I thought the batter tasted salty and would recommend not using the entire tablespoon. These cookies did not flatten out much while baking.