Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Cake Like cookies from Heaven, and not too Sweet! Old Family Recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter (room temp.)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 1Cream together Sugar, Eggs and Butter.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Sift together Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, & Cinnamon and add to the creamed sugar mixture.
- 4Next add Milk, Vanilla, Oatmeal & Pecans.
- 5Drop by tablespoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- 6Bake on 350° 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be cake-like, not gooey or runny like most Oatmeal cookie recipes.
- 7This recipe makes a lot of cookies.
- 8Dough can be split into three batches.
- 9I add Peanut Butter to one third and Crushed Pineapples to the other third and I have three kinds of cookies and all are delicious.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 638.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g