Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This muffin recipe is a little unusual. The main liquid is yogurt, which gives a nice flavor, a light texture and a nice round shape. The muffins have an incredibly delicate, almost angel food-like crumb. Mix in any fruit you like; this recipe includes blueberries, but they can be subbed for anything you like. The recipe comes from The Best Recipe Cookbook.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar, minus 1 tbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in half of dry ingredients.
- Beat in one third of the yogurt.
- Beat in remaining ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, just until incorporated.
- Stir in blueberries, gently.
- Grease 12-cup muffin tin with butter or canola oil spray.
- Divide batter evenly among cups. Bake 25-30 minutes; rest for 5 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with butter.