Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
I went to a local play group with my toddler daughter, and we enjoyed playing with the (what I thought was commercial) play dough there. I wondered how they managed to afford such large quantities. The answer was - it was home made! It's a fantastic recipe, far better than any other I've tried. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 drops glycerine
- food coloring
- Mix dry ingredients together in a microwavable bowl.
- Add water, oil and food colouring and stir well.
- microwave on HIGH for between 3-6 minutes (30 seconds each if divided into ramekins for different colours). Stir well at 2 minute intervals until a consistency similar to that of mashed potato is achieved.
- Allow to cool sufficiently before kneading well.
- Play dough can be stored in an airtight container.