Recipe by Jennys.apple
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I have been making it for years. It is my husband's favorite.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We loved this meatloaf. It was one of my PAC recipes and I'm so glad I chose it. I don't usually like a tomato base for my meatloaf, but this was very good, although I didn't use all of the tomato sauce on top. I did, however, add half to the meat mixture and just brushed a little on top before adding the bacon. The bacon added a great flavor to the meat. Thanks so much NMG.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in tomato sauce and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, and half of the tomato mix, until well combined.
- Shape meat into a loaf shape in a large roasting pan.
- Brush with remaining tomato mix.
- Arrange bacon over meat.
- Bake until no longer pink inside, about 1 hour, 30 min.
- Let stand 10 min before serving.