1/7 Photos of Best Ever Meatloaf
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
B & B Adams's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 slices bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil (optional) or 1 teaspoon thyme (optional) or 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 2Add milk and bread; let stand a few minutes or until the bread absorbs the liquid.
- 3Stir in the onion, carrot, cheese, herbs and seasonings.
- 4Add beef; mix well.
- 5In a shallow baking pan, shape beef mixture into a 7 1/2 inches x 3 1/2-in. x 2 1/2-in. loaf.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spoon some of the topping over meat loaf.
- 8Bake for about 30 minutes longer or until no pink remains, occasionally spooning some of the remaining topping over loaf.
- 9Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.2 mg
- Sodium 810.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 31.9 g