Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my daughter's favorite potato recipe.
- 7 -8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 -5 slices Velveeta cheese
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- Mash with butter and sour cream.
- Add onion and salt, blend till fluffy.
- Put into 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with a little more Lawry's salt and add slices of cheese to cover top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
Wow, were these ever good. There are a lot of different flavors for "plain 'ole mashed potatoes". They were rich and creamy, and the cheese on top was very good. Thanks for posting a very good recipe.