Recipe by canarygirl
This is the ULTIMATE comfort food in my book. I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life.
Top Review by Bev
This is the perfect recipe for mashed potatoes! I have adopted this recipe as my standard and will never go back to just using plain old butter and milk. The sour cream makes a big difference in the creamy texture....(I like just a few lumps, too!) Excellent recipe, Canarygirl!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, boil potatoes with salt until tender--about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and add remaining ingredients.
- Mash until smooth (I like to leave at least a few lumps, call me weird).
- Serve with gravy or butter.
- Note: You can easily turn this recipe into garlic mashed potatoes by adding 3 cloves roasted garlic when you mash.
- For another tasty variation, try adding shredded cheddar and cooked broccoli pieces.