1/1 Photo of Best Ever - Make Ahead Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
If you have looked at any of my other recipes, you will see I am a lover of creating copycat recipes!!! This one is a tribute to Moxie's Stuffed Baked Potato. It is one of the many most requested by dinner guests in our home!!!
My Private Note
Half- P ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 potatoes (For Serving)
- 2-3 potatoes (Extra Boiled and mashed if needed (boxed work too)
- 236.59 ml bacon bits (NOT simulated)
- 14.79 ml garlic
- 59.14 ml butter (more or less depending on your taste)
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese, of your choice
- 118.32 ml chives (to garnish) or 118.32 ml green onions (to garnish)
- 1Slice 4 Potatos in half length ways and wrap in foil (2 together making a whole potato) Bake for 1 hour at 400-425 Or until baked through.
- 2Boil the remaining potatos, or prepare a box of instant mashed potatos set aside.
- 3Remove the baked Potatos from the oven, and scoop out middle leaving enough potato that the skin wont collapse.
- 4Place the scooped out portion and the prepared mashed potatos in a bowl, with the butter, garlic, milk and cheese mix well then add bacon bits and continue mixing.
- 5At this point you may spoon them into the potato shell, or fill a large piping bag wiht large star tip and pipe it in as I do.
- 6Once you have filled them, pop them in the oven at 200 or so to keep warm, or make earlier in the day and bake at about 350 for about half an hour.
- 7Garnish with green onion (I peel mine with a veggie peeler to make curly strips) or Chives.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever - Make Ahead Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 188.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g