Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
something to try.
- 400 g macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup extra grated tasty cheese
- ground paprika, to serve
- Preheat grill to high
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In the same saucepan, place the cream and milk over medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then stir in the cheeses and add a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Stir over medium-low heat until cheese has melted,.
- Return the pasta to the pan.
- Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce, then transfer to the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the pasta with breadcrumbs, extra cheese and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Place under the hot grill and cook for 2 minutes or until topping is golden and crispy.