1/4 Photos of Best Ever Macaroni and Cheese
Comfort food at its best! Adapted this from a Land O Lakes recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, melt margarine in saucepan until sizzling; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- 3Add milk, salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg. Continue cooking, stirring
- 4occasionally, until sauce is thickened (3 to 4 minutes).
- 5Stir in cooked macaroni and cheese. Spoon into 2-quart casserole.
- 6Stir together all remaining ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over macaroni.
- 7and cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
- 8TIP: for a gourmet flavor, stir in 3 ounces cubed cream cheese and 1.
- 9teaspoon Dijon mustard with the milk.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 485.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g