Recipe by christynlee
Delicious, lowfat bean soup with a Mexican seasoning. This is my kids favorite! I always double the recipe and freeze in small containers so they can take out and microwave. Very low in fat and delicious! Quick and easy too!
Top Review by faye in alabama
I tried this recipe today and was very pleased with it. I only put in 1 of the tortillas and only added a little more than 1 c. of water( my husband likes a soup thick with veggies). It had a good flavor and when I asked my dh if it was a keeper, he said yes,its a keeper, so thats all I needed to know I will be fixing this a lot in the winter. Thanks Christyann for a healthy recipe with lots of fiber.
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 (26 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 whole wheat tortillas, shredded into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water (or more if you like it really soupy)
- salt and pepper