Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy version of an all time family favorite. The only fat is in the eggs. I do not know how long this takes or how many it will serve.
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (No Fat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk (No Fat)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 quarts skim milk
- Put eggs, sugar, flour, and part of milk in blender.
- Blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cool and refrigerate until you are ready to churn.
This was fantastic!!! The custard was delicious by itself and even better after going through the icecream machine. Because of the quantity made it took a while to thicken on the stove. It probably serves about 8-10 people, but in my case only served two with strawberry sauce and warm pancakes :)
The flavor was okay, but the flour gave this a weird grainy texture that we didn't like. We ended up throwing half of it out. I followed the recipe to the letter.