Recipe by ACanadian
I've tried a lot of different cheesecake recipes over the years of low carbing, but this is by far the best I've come up with. hard to eat just one piece!
- 2 lbs cream cheese (not light, it has more carbs!)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (or use the equivalent sweetening power of your favourite sugar substitute...liquid splenda lowers th)
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup regular sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream softened cream cheese with splenda until very smooth.
- Blend in sour cream, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth but don't overbeat.
- Pour mixture into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan and wrap bottom and sides of pan with tin foil to form a watertight barrier.
- Set pan in larger pan (I use a big roaster) and add water to about half way up the springform.
- Place into oven and cook 1 hour. Reduce heat to 200 and cook another hour.
- Cool slowly at either room temp or it is actually best to turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in it overnight to cool. (Cheesecakes most often crack due to overbeating and cooling too rapidly).
- Place in fridge for several hours before serving.
- Top with your favourite fresh fruit if desired and whipped cream.