Recipe by Chef mariajane
One of the purest pleasures in life is stopping by a Downeast luncheonette or snack bar for a lobster salad sandwich made with fresh Maine lobster. This recipe is the best-ever lobster salad, in my opinion, that I have ever made, yummmmm!!
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat (from about five 1lb. lobster)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh rolls, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lobster meat into 1/2 inch pieces. Place diced cucumber in strainer and set over a bowl to drain excess liquid. Combine lobster meat, cucumber, mayonnaise, and green onions in dry large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Divide lobster among rolls. Serve immediately with potato chips.