Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best ever Italian Spinach. I believe it is very close to the recipe used by the Memphis resteraunt called Grisanti's. This recipe would also be VERY easy to double or triple. I hate eggs, and I love this recipe. My husband is not a huge 'green veggie' fan, and he loves this recipe. It is great, fast, easy, involves common ingredients, and will be a staple in your kitchen. I am going to try cooking in batches and putting in ziplocks to freeze (OAMC).
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess water.
- Now, squeeze some more and set aside.
- In a saute skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic.
- Cook until garlic is golden brown (don't burn it!).
- Add spinach and seasonings, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Break in eggs and continue to saute and stir until eggs are cooked and thoroughly mixed into the spinach.
- Drain any excess oil and transfer to serving platter.
- Sprinkle grated Paremesan cheese over the top, amount to your liking.
The first time I tried it was not good all. I used a 10oz box of Kroger spinach (which is in a box with no plastic bag inside). The second time I used the 9oz Green Giant which is in a boilable or microwavable pouch. I also adjusted the recipe to 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 large egg (instead of 2) and it was perfect. It was as good or better than the Grisanti's I have been accustomed to here in Memphis. To thaw the spinach I microwaved for 3 minutes and then squeezed excess water out. Thanks so much for the recipe....
While I loved this recipe, my kids didn't care for it too much. They are rather picky with spinach (that is why no 5 stars...kid approval gets = 5 stars). Anyway, this is a wonderful spinach recipe and I will be making it again and again for my husband and myself. I did add pepper when I made it and used a bit less olive oil...very good!!